Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So Many Crafts, So Little Time

The summer gets me out into the garden to tend it and make my home pretty.  So, every day, I do a little in the garden, weeding, deadheading, pruning, fertilizing, planning new beds.  And so it goes through the summer. 

In direct competition are my crafting interests.  The most recent of those is quilting.  I have two quilts for twins that have been in progress since spring, and I am finally just about finished with the backs of those.  Add on top of that, other crafts that I love, like soap making and others.  I am a busy girl.  Of course, I'm not too busy to sit on my back deck with an iced tea and read a book. 

And speaking of books, I'm ready for the movie version of one of my recent books....We are waiting with baited breath to join the Battle of Hogwarts and the finale to the Harry Potter movies this weekend.  Will that take away from my gardening or crafting time?...Probably, but that is what is so much fun about doing what I want to do with my time.

1 comment:

  1. I tend to use those long rainy winter days for my craft projects, it eases the frustration of not being able to garden much then, though I do grow some plants under lights in late fall and early winter. I think about quilting but haven't taken the plunge yet....

    ReplyDelete